The Fair Share Program was adopted by the City Council as Ordinance # 105, Article VIII, Section 2-401- 2-426 on July 27, 1999.
The overall intent of the ordinance and resulting plan was to develop an office dedicated to serving the needs of a unique clientele. Implementation of the program began on January 1, 2000.
Small Business Aide
Additionally, The Fair Share Ordinance is a concept unique to the City of Shreveport in its effort to bring more small Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBE), Minority Business Enterprises (MBE), and Women Business Enterprises (WBE) into the economic mainstream of the local economy.
Simply put, the program aims to “level the economic playing field.” The major intent of the program is to provide opportunities for companies and individuals to do business with the City of Shreveport where opportunities may not have existed in the past.
- Complete and submit a Fair Share Program Certification Affidavit, Vendor Application, and a W-9 Form; or call Karen M. Barnes at 318-673-5060 for an application package.
- Return the Information to:
Attn: Karen M. Barnes
P.O. Box 31109
Shreveport, LA 71130
- Your certification affidavit will be reviewed.
- A site visit will be coordinated and conducted to substantiate affidavit information.
- An award Letter of Certification will then be issued to you.