The Department of Engineering and Environmental Services administers the following permits:
- Right-of-Way Encroachment Permit (Any construction, alteration or development over, under, or in any street, alley, sidewalk into the city’s public right-of-way.)
- Encroachment Permit Application Processing Fee: $1500.00 (All city, parish, state and federal agencies are exempt from this fee requirement, however a permit application must be submitted.)
- Encroachment Permit Fee: $50.00 Per Encroachment (All city, parish, state and federal agencies are exempt from this fee requirement, however an encroachment permit must be obtained.)
- Special Flood Hazard Area Development Permit(If your project falls within any designated FEMA Special Flood Hazard Area, a permit shall be obtained before construction or development begins.) No permit fee.
- Facility Permit(Any pipeline, cable, wire, fiber optic line, or other similar facility running along, under, across or over the City’s public rights-of-way.
- Facility Permit Application Processing Fee: $1500.00 per application.
- Facility Permit Annual Fee for Pipelines (water, sewer, oil/or gas): $1.30 per linear foot paid annually.
- Facility Permit Annual Fee for Cables, Conduit, Fiber Optic Lines, Wires or Other Similar Facilities: $0.09 per linear foot paid annually.
- Facility Servitude Permit (For the use of city-owned property, excluding the city’s public right-of-way)
- Facility Servitude Application Processing Fee: $1500.00
- Facility Servitude Fee for Use of City-Owned Property: Fee shall be an amount equal to the appraised value of the servitude for twenty (20) years as determined by an appraiser with an MAI designation or an appraiser approved by the City Engineer. Full payment for the initial twenty (20) year servitude shall be made prior to granting a permit authorizing use of the servitude.
- Small Wireless Facilities
The National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) Elevation Certificate (EC) https://www.fema.gov/sites/default/files/2020-07/fema_nfip_elevation-certificate-form_feb-2020.pdf (FEMA form 086-0-33) is an administrative tool of the NFIP which is to be used to provide elevation information necessary to ensure compliance with community floodplain management ordinances, to determine the proper insurance premium rate, or support a request for a Letter of Map Amendment (LOMA) or a Letter of Map Amendment based on fill (LOMR-F). This document is referenced in the NFIP Flood Insurance Manual http://www.fema.gov/media-library/assets/documents/115549 (Special Certifications Section). The elevation certificate form in the above link is fillable and can be completed in either Adobe Acrobat Pro or Adobe Reader and saved.
Elevation Certificate Search
The City of Shreveport has some elevation certificates on file. The following link may be used to search the elevation certificate address records. The dates of the elevation certificates vary and may not use the most current and effective flood insurance study, flood insurance rate maps, or vertical datum. If a new elevation certificate is needed, the property owner should contact a surveyor or other professional competent in preparing the elevation certificate.
E-mail or contact staff to request a copy of an Elevation Certificate on record.