Variances & Special Exemptions

Sometimes a parcel of property is properly zoned, but the proposed development cannot, for a number of legitimate reasons, occur without a special exception approval or without a variance in one or more requirements. Requests for variances in zoning requirements and special exceptions are heard by the Zoning Board of Appeals (ZBA).


Fees and application information can be obtained from the Metropolitan Planning Commission (MPC) office located:
Government Plaza in Room 440 at 505 Travis Street, Shreveport, LA 71101. Or by phone at 318-673-6480.