Reasonable Modification Statement
Reasonable Modification in Public Transportation
SPORTRANwill make reasonable modifications to its policies, programs, and procedures applicable to its transportation services, when necessary to avoid discrimination and ensure accessibility for people with disabilities.
Reasonable Modifications do have limitations and are not intended to:
- Cause a direct threat to the health and safety of others
- Create undue financial and administrative burdens
- Constitute a fundamental alteration to a service
- • Not necessary to provide equal access to an SPORTRAN service
- Individuals requesting modifications shall describe what they need in order to use the service.
- Individuals requesting modifications are not required to use the term “reasonable modification” when making a request.
- Whenever feasible, requests for modifications shall be made and determined in advance, before the transportation provider is expected to provide the modified service, for example, during the para-transit eligibility process, through customer service inquiries, or through SPORTRAN compliant process.
- Where a request for modification cannot practicably be made and determined in advance (e.g., because of a condition or barrier at the destination of which the individual with a disability was unaware until arriving), operating personnel of SPORTRAN shall make a determination of whether the modification should be provided at the time of the request. Operating personnel may consult with SPORTRAN management before making a determination to grant or deny the request.
The request must identify the modification needed in order to use the service. Whenever feasible, please make the request in advance, before the modification is needed to access the service.
Reasonable Service Modification: Request for Service Modification
Request for Life Line Service: REQUEST FOR ONDEMAND PARATRANSIT SERVICE
See SPORTRAN website for more information on: PARATRANSIT