Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
The period of coverage is from the date that you sign up to the same date of the following year.
Show All Answers
For example: If you have an insurance policy from provider “A” and the policy only covers 40% of the ambulance transport costs, that means you are responsible to pay the other 60% out of pocket. EMS LifeCare picks up the remaining 60% of the transport costs leaving you with no out-of-pocket transport costs.
The service is not free. There is a $60.00 annual cost associated with EMS Life Care Program.
EMS LifeCare has Open enrollment throughout the year.
No! The Shreveport Fire Department only transports on an emergency basis.
An Emergency is defined as any circumstance which results in injury or illness that calls for IMMEDIATE action and in which the element of time in transporting the sick or injured for medical treatment is essential to the health or life of such a person. Example: Motor Vehicle Collision, Cardio-Respiratory problems, Acute Neurological deficits, etc.,
No. It just applies to transports made by the Shreveport Fire Department. Any 911 Emergency transport made within the city of Shreveport will be covered by EMS Lifecare Membership.
Yes. However, keep in mind that the membership only applies to transports made within the city of Shreveport.