Who must prepare the plans?
A mechanical engineer registered to do business in Louisiana must prepare and place his seal on all plans for mechanical installations valued at $10,000 or more in commercial and industrial buildings, apartments, or townhouses.
When the permit is for a commercial or industrial building, apartments or townhouses (with four or more units) having a value of $50,000.00 or more, the plans must be prepared by and bear the name and seal of either an architect or civil engineer registered to do business in Louisiana.
Otherwise, the owner or a plan service may prepare the detailed plans.

Show All Answers

1. Who issues permits?
2. When is a permit required?
3. What do I bring when applying for a permit?
4. Who must prepare the plans?
5. What must a complete set of plans and specifications include?
6. How are plans reviewed?
7. What other permits are required?
8. Is there a permit fee?
9. Who should apply for the permit?
10. Can preliminary plans be reviewed before bidding?
11. When will a permit be issued?
12. Can permit fees be waived?
13. I live in Caddo Parish, do I need a permit?